Monday, August 19, 2013

Top Ten Tuesday (August 20)



The Top Ten Tuesday meme originates from The Broke and The Bookish. Check it out and consider taking part too!

This meme is a weekly top-ten list category. I'll try my best to follow this weekly, so yeah! Keep checking back, and make sure to go to The Broke and The Bookish where this awesome idea is from!

August 20
My Things That Make Life as a Reader/Book Blogger Easier/Better
  1. Goodreads! My book life changed when I discovered Goodreads.com. It is seriously a reader's dream come true. Keeps track of what you read, when you read stuff, what you want to read, plus there are tons of reviews and suggestions and quotes and quizzes and polls and ahhhhh.
  2. The public library I'm not a millionaire, and so luckily I have a public library really close to my house, so I can use my magical library card (though I really only use the number, as I have it memorized) and get anything and everything I need. Oh and being able to put holds sure does help :).
  3. My job at the library Not only am I free from most fines (therefore I can keep books a bit longer if I desire), but I am generally at the library at least twice a week, which means I can pick up holds, explore, return things, and be surrounded by books. And when shelving books, I constantly come across new ones that I want to read!
  4. Best friends who are bibliophiles too Being able to discuss what you have read and what you want to read is a true gift, and often feels like a necessity. Especially when I read something that a) really moves me, or b) really disappoints me.
  5. Top Ten Tuesday Even when I can't find something to book blog about at the time, or if I don't have much free time on my hands, I can rely on Top Ten Tuesday to keep my blogging going.
  6. The world of book bloggers! Great motivation, inspiration, and hope for the literature world :)
 

Subscribe to my blog because that would be awesome :)
Hope you enjoyed and will continue to enjoy this post, my blog, and life :)

8 comments:

  1. Good list, Top Ten Tuesday helps me out with blogging as well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! And thanks for commenting :)

      Delete
  2. Great list! I love Top Ten Tuesday. It's encouraged me to interact with other bloggers! :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Top Ten Tuesday was what actually made me part of the community of book bloggers, so I will always appreciate it for that!

      Delete
  3. Ooooh, working at the library! Great one! But I don't think I could be there much because some people cannot behave and cannot take care of books. I have strong Madam Pince tendencies toward books and I'd be a stern librarian! :) I'd love to have a book store though.

    My TTT

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Agreed. There are some times that give me headaches and are like living book-treatment-nightmares, but it is made up for by the times I see young kids eager to get more and more books, or skipping into the library with eyes as wide as the ocean :)

      Delete
  4. I really would want to work in a library as well but it's more than complicated to even get the info about it here. And it requires energy :p

    My TTT

    ReplyDelete
  5. I totally agree about goodreads, and I think we'd all be lost without it! :) And TTT is a good pick, because it's so fun to be a part of the community! And it's always fun to think of books in a completely different way. Great list!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for acknowledging my blog and love of literature!