Monday, August 12, 2013

Top Ten Tuesday (August 13)




The Top Ten Tuesday meme originates from The Broke and The Bookish. Check it out and consider taking part too!

This meme is a weekly top-ten list category. I'll try my best to follow this weekly, so yeah! Keep checking back, and make sure to go to The Broke and The Bookish where this awesome idea is from!

August 13
My Top Favourite Books with X Setting: Second Worlds (A fantasy world within/within reach of the "real" world)
*I know this isn't  ten, but my setting choice was fairly limiting, and nearly all my choices are series or have sequels
  1. Harry Potter by Joanne Kathleen Rowling If I shared my thoughts on this one, this blog post would become a novel. Everything Rowling does in this aspect is flawless and intriguing and understandable and oh gosh I shall just get on my knees and devote myself to this series of divine greatness. In case you haven't realized, I am Harry Potter obsessed.
  2. Ready Player One by Ernest Cline This one's a bit special in this category, as the "fantasy" secondary world is actually a virtual game that the majority of the world's population spends the majority of their life submersed in. The idea was scary and intense, but therefore it brought out many deep philosophies, and I loved that.
  3. Wings by E.D. Baker In relation to this week's theme, what I found really smart was how Baker created gateways between the worlds, and found ways to relate them, and therefore highlighted both their similarities and their differences.
  4. Percy Jackson series by Rick Riordan One of the things I was especially engaged by in this series is how Riordan connects the "real" world to his fantasy world. He justifies why most people are unaware of this second world that goes on right around them, and it creates a whole new element of suspense and intrigue.
 

Subscribe to my blog because that would be awesome :)
Hope you enjoyed and will continue to enjoy this post, my blog, and life :)

4 comments:

  1. Great picks. I love Harry Potter and Percy Jackson.

    New GFC follower.
    My TTT.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for reading my list and becoming a follower :)

      Those are two of my favourite series, and I love when there's a list I can include them in!!!

      Delete
  2. Good list, I love Percy Jackson and Harry Potter as well.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for acknowledging my blog and love of literature!