Tuesday, July 30, 2013

Top Ten Tuesday (July 30)







The Top Ten Tuesday meme originates from The Broke and The Bookish. Check it out and consider taking part too!

This meme is a weekly top-ten list category. I'll try my best to follow this weekly, so yeah! Keep checking back, and make sure to go to The Broke and The Bookish where this awesome idea is from!

July 30
My Top Book Endings
*I know this isn't ten, but I didn't feel like forcing it, and so I thought I'd just keep it short and sweet.
  1. The Help by Kathryn Stockett I just love how at the end of this book, one adventure may have come to a close, but really, it is just the start of a new one. What makes this book different than most with endings like this, is that in The Help, the journey that we can expect is beginning when the book finishes is not one that we are annoyed not to know more about, but rather one that gives hope and satisfaction, but still sits in reality.
  2. Ready Player One by Ernest Cline Promises, in my opinion, are a basis for a good ending. In Ready Player One, the book ends shortly after the main character is given a choice. Because of the events that happen and the emotions and philosophy presented behind it, the reader can easily predict the choice, and the book ends with the reader knowing the path the character will take, and kind of setting him free to decide the rest on his own.
  3. This World We Live In by Susan Beth Pfeffer After a trilogy of quite depressing but still engaging novels, the ending of This World We Live In lets it finish off in a different light, but still in line with what has happened. Although I would have liked to know more at the end, maybe its better the way it is, where you can finish the story how you want it to be, for better or for worse.
  4. A variety of Sarah Dessen books What I love about the ends to her books is that they are not necessarily for better or for worse, but rather they are fulfilled and a goal is met. Something has been figured out, and rather than fixing reality, a guide is provided and there is hope.
  5. Palace of Stone by Shannon Hale To be honest, I can't remember why I liked the ending of this one, all I know is that in one my reading updates I said it was super good and sweet, so ya, I figured it probably deserved a spot on the list.
 

Subscribe to my blog because that would be awesome :)
Hope you enjoyed and will continue to enjoy this post, my blog, and life :)

6 comments:

  1. I like how Sarah Dessen ends her books, too. It's feel-good, but not unrealistically so. And I liked the end of Palace of Stone, too. I just love Miri and all her adventures. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Miri is probably one of my favourite fictional characters of all time :)

      Thanks for commenting!

      Delete
  2. I have to reread Princes Academy before I go for Palace of Stone, I completely fell in love with Princess Academy when I was younger. I've only read Just Listen by Sarah Dessen but it was a really good ending, that says a lot because I usually don't like contemporary books.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm actually the same about contemporary books. Sarah Dessen and John Green are my two main exceptions to this, other than books on more serious topics, like Shine by Lauren Myracle. What I like about Sarah Dessen is how she makes elements seem real, and doesn't always go with what the reader would "want", and overall her stories contain a lot of depth if you're willing to dive down far enough. Or so I think.

      Anyways, thanks for the comment!

      Delete
  3. I love the ending of Sarah Dessen's books too! Although nothing is REALLY better, the ending is so of her books gives readers so much happiness, if that makes any sense. I think you described it better than I did. :P
    Awesome list! :D

    My TTT

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Glad you liked my list, and thank you for commenting!

      Delete

Thanks for acknowledging my blog and love of literature!