Thursday, March 21, 2013

Inside and Out tag

This tag is by Jeremy at MathomBooks, and I heard about it via the Readables!
Its called Inside and Out! Enjoy :)

Inside flap/back of the book summaries: Too much info? Or not enough? I like lots of info and a nice full summary, because really, its your choice to read the summary or not, so they may as well provide that option! So, I much prefer when there's a nice full summary, and I kinda really dislike it when there's just decorative words on the back that don't even suggest what the book is even about!!!

New book - what form do you want it in? Audiobook, E-book, Hardcover, or Paperback? Hardcover. Second choice is Paperback. I NEED to have a copy that I can hold in my hands and love and read and adore and bring with me. Hardcovers seem more sturdy and more like companions, and they can survive through a lot more, and have that majestic bookish aura that is just so insanely wonderful!

Scribble while you read? Do you like to write in your books, take notes, make comments, or do you keep your books clean? NO NO NO NO NO! I hate writing in books. Books are treasures, to be adored, to be read, to be taken on adventures, to be expressed and interacted with via the mind, not pencils. However, there is one exception: all copies of the Tales of Beedle the Bard should have a deathly hallows symbol appropriately placed at the start of the appropriate story!!!

In your best voice, read for us your favourite 1st sentence from a book. Uh.... This is kinda hard to do, but, I encourage you to go to this post and check out something I did related to one of my favourite 1st lines: http://write4porsche.blogspot.ca/2012/09/radiance-opening-line.html

Does it matter to you whether the author is male or female when you're deciding on a book? What if you're unsure of the author's gender? If I'm unsure, then whatever. The author gender doesn't matter to me, as both genders are highly capable, and both have written some of my favourite books! There is one case when I will watch the gender, and this is when it is a deep, more serious topic that affects one gender more strongly. In that case, I generally do judge those types of books on what the author gender is.

Ever read ahead? or have you ever read the last page way before you got there? Oh gosh. Yes. I'm so bad for this. I have read the last page when I barely even start the book. Often, I have to cover up the next page, or else I'll find myself reading and then sometimes skipping ahead and AHHHH I am crazy bad in terms of this.

&

Organized bookshelves, or Outrageous bookshelves? How about personalized bookshelves? Organized chaos? My bookshelves are organized to my needs, though to most they wouldn't seem so, but they are how I want them, and in my mind, that means organized!

Under oath: have you ever bought a book based on the cover (alone)? I buy very few books, and so this is hard. My opinion on this, however, is actually that buying books based on the cover is viable, as the cover should be there to portray the message of the story and communicate its power to the reader! 

Take it outside to read, or stay in? Outside! I love the outdoors, so reading there is perfect! Hammocks are a prime choice, as they are awesomely awesome and practically designed for reading. However, the ultimate choice is in a tree. As high as possible. My favourite place in the whole world :)

Thanks!!! Hope you enjoyed :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for acknowledging my blog and love of literature!