Thursday, February 28, 2013

Liebster Blog Award

Whoa...
Thanks to Alex @ The Book Banner for nominating me for the Liebster Blog Award! Pretty awesome :)

So! The Liebster Blog Award: There are some rules:

      1. Thank your Liebster Blog Award presenter on your blog and link back to the blogger who presented this award to you.
      2. Answer the 11 questions from the nominator, list 11 random facts about yourself and create 11 questions for you nominees.
      3. Present the Liebster Blog Award to 11 blogs of 200 followers or less who you feel deserve to be noticed and leave a comment on their blog letting them know they have been chosen. (No tag backs)
      4. Copy and paste the blog award on your blog.

My answers to Alex's 11 questions:
  1. How long have you been book blogging? I'm fairly new, as I've only been book blogging since September 2012, though I have been writing, reading, and loving books for much, much longer!
  2. Do you have a favourite genre of books? Fantasy. New worlds are awesome. Optional reality is awesome. Magic is awesome. Fantasy is awesome.
  3. Which book made you fall in love with reading? Harry Potter all the way! Reading was good before I read the Harry Potter books, but now I'm obsessed (with both literature and Harry Potter).
  4. If you could live anywhere in the world, where would you go? Vernazza, Italy. Except a flood devastated the small town a year or so ago :(. I went there on vacation a couple years ago and am dying to go back!
  5. What is your favourite dessert? Cake. Well... really, any dessert. I have an insanely huge sweet tooth. Chocolate is my best friend. I love dessert way too much.
  6. Do you have a bucket list? If so, what's something on that list that you'd like to accomplish this year? I guess I have a bucket list, but it isn't a firm, written out list. Just things I want to do, as I think of them. Not too sure what I'll do this year. It's really a matter of what opportunities arise and what I feel like doing.
  7. What else do you do (when you're not reading)? Lots of stuff. I like performing and visual arts, and I play a ton of instruments and also like to write songs. I love outdoorsy stuff, writing, and crafty/creative stuff like sewing and scrapbooking too.
  8. Is there a book that you know you should read, but you're putting it off? Lord of the Rings. I really do want to read it, I just can't convince myself that now is the time.
  9. How do you arrange your bookshelf? Well, it usually starts as height or width or favourite or author or genre or anything, but before long my shelf is just a befuddling mess.
  10. What book have you reread several times? Harry Potter!!! So insanely obsessed :)
  11. If you could have a superpower, what would it be? Flying would be pretty cool. I know its basic and a common superpower to chose, but think of all the possibilities there would be if you could fly!!!
11 Random Facts:
  1. I believe cinnamon buns are best eaten after spreading out the icing evenly and then heating for 21 seconds in the microwave. Random but yummy
  2. One of my life goals is that when you search my name on wikipedia it comes up with info about me and when you search my name on google, the first hit is about me
  3. I really want to go to Alaska
  4. I really want to go backpacking and stay over night in the Grand Canyon
  5. I believe you should judge a book by its cover (an actual book, not the metaphor), since the role of the cover is to portray the story, mood, and theme visually!
  6. I start things but rarely finish... that's why this post is so late
  7. I love embroidery and other needle crafts and sewing
  8. I'm a professional rambler and go-on-and-on-er
  9. I love quotes, but most of all, I love writing my own quotes
  10. Literature is AWESOME, but I love writing more than reading
  11. Lists are fun to write but a pain to finish
My questions for my 11 nominees:
  1. Where is your favourite place to read?
  2. What blog post of yours is the best representation of who you are?
  3. Have you ever dreamt of becoming an author?
  4. What's better: reading or writing?
  5. What fictional world would you most want to live in?
  6. Do you like/agree with the common trends in reading currently?
  7. What would your dream library look like?
  8. How do you judge whether or not to take the time to read a blog?
  9. What's your view on graphic novels?
  10. E-books, hardcover, or paperback?
  11. What makes you want to blog?

So yeah! Thanks to Alex again! Hope y'all enjoyed my post and follow me and comment and smile and have a wonderful day :)




1 comment:

  1. I LOVE looking at your blogs! so insightful, and I like your casual style of writing, like you are talking to your audience.

    lots of detail and variety. when do you have time to do all that?!

    Mom - your biggest fan!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for acknowledging my blog and love of literature!