Monday, January 07, 2013

Top Ten Tuesday (Jan. 1)


Yes, I know this one should have been a week ago, but whatever...




The Top Ten Tuesday meme originates from The Broke and The Bookish. Check it out and consider taking part too!

This meme is a weekly top-ten list category. I'll try my best to follow this weekly, so yeah! Keep checking back, and make sure to go to The Broke and The Bookish where this awesome idea is from!

January 1st
Top Ten Books I Resolve to Read in 2013


  1. To Kill a Mockingbird by Harper Lee: I started reading this one in the summer, but I didn't get very far, as there were other books that I wanted to read and I couldn't really get into To Kill a Mockingbird, so I quit. But... I still really want to read it.
  2. Lord of the Rings by J.R.R. Tolkien: This one was in my bag for a while this past fall, but I never got around to it, as I knew it would take a large chunk of my reading time, and there were so many other books I wanted to read and I didn't have enough patience.
  3. Little Women by Louisa May Alcott: Classics fill a large portion of this list because its hard for me to choose to read a classic when there are so many new books I hear about and want to read. Little Women is on my bookshelf and has been for quite a few years, and I really want to get around to reading it. I think I did read it with my grandpa when I was younger, but I think I would get more out of it now.
  4. The Secret Garden by Frances Hodgsen Burnett: Another classic on my shelf that I've neglected for too many years.
  5. Divergent and Insurgent by Veronica Roth: This one won't be hard, as I'm super excited to read them, I just keep on having other books that get in my hands first.
  6. Life of Pi by Yann Martell: I didn't see the movie because I've been waiting to read the book, so I hope to get around to doing both soon.
  7. Great Expectations by Charles Dickens: Sounds interesting, and I really do love classics when I get around to reading them.
  8. Blood Red Road by Moira Young: I meant to read this in the fall, but other books caught my interest and I partially forgot about Blood Red Road, even though it was out from the library and on my shelf for around a month.
  9. Shimmer/Whisper/Dreamland by Alyson Noel: In the summer I read Radiance, the first of the quartet, and I've really wanted to get around to finishing them, as a good friend of mine says the next ones are best.
  10. The rest of the Kane Chronicles by Rick Riordan: Eventually... I like this series, and I don't want to quit, so I'll get around to it sometime.
  11. Son of Neptune and Mark of Athena by Rick Riordan: This series is awesome. Not as good as Percy Jackson, but still awesomely awesome.
Hope you enjoyed :)


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for acknowledging my blog and love of literature!