Tuesday, December 18, 2012

Top Ten Tuesday (December 18)




The Top Ten Tuesday meme originates from The Broke and The Bookish. Check it out and consider taking part too!

This meme is a weekly top-ten list category. I'll try my best to follow this weekly, so yeah! Keep checking back, and make sure to go to The Broke and The Bookish where this awesome idea is from!


December 18th
Top Ten Favourite Reads of 2012

1.Uglies series by Scott Westerfeld: OMG OMG OMG The Uglies series is AWESOME, and I can't believe I never read it before! It is definitely my favourite dystopian book that I've read. GO TALLY YOUNGBLOOD!
2.Hunger Games trilogy by Suzanne Collins: Its weird to think I read the Hunger Games just this year, as it was way back in March. The trilogy is so insanely ninjaa, and I especially love Katniss, because I can connect to her so, so, so much! Collins truly created a masterpiece.
3.A Mango-Shaped Space by Wendy Mass: A Mango-Shaped Space was a truly intriguing book, with such a deep, captivating message, and so it now has a well-earned spot on my top ten of the year list! I was so intrigued by the unique story and amazing storytelling, and I will be sure to read this one over and over.
4.The Hobbit by J.R.R. Tolkien: Yes, I finally got around to reading The Hobbit! Such a masterpiece :). I can't wait to read The Lord of the Rings, though I am waiting until I have lots of time and patience.
5.Inside Out by Maria V. Snyder: Inside Out as well as Outside In  were great books that I discovered this year, and I now admire Snyder for her captivating style! The second was definitely not as awesome as the first, but overall it was a great plot and I loved it!
6.Palace of Stone by Shannon Hale: Sequel to The Princess Academy, I was very excited to read this book, and it exceeded my expectations! Best of all, the ending was perfect, unlike most books. It was heartwarming and I was content with it all. Yay! 
7.Love, Stargirl by Jerry Spinelli: Spinelli's books are much different than what I typically read, as they are generally modern realistic. However, his storytelling made me looove Stargirl and its sequel, so I think I'll look into more of his books, though I do know that many are for younger readers, so hopefully I find some that interest me.
8.Fairy Lies by E.D. Baker: This book is more for slightly younger audiences, but I still read it, as Wings, the first book, is one of my all-time favourites. Although I still prefer the first, Fairy Lies was fun to read as it refreshed the joy of magic and reading that I developed a few years ago around the time I read the first.

Yes, I know this is only eight... I've read other books this year, and other good books too, but I couldn't decide on anymore that deserved a spot on this list.

Hope you enjoyed! Subscribe to my blog and be awesome!

4 comments:

  1. I am always happy to hear about people discovering Uglies for the first time. I love that series! Actually, I pretty much love all things Westerfeld. His Leviathan series is so different, but just as awesome. Here are my favorites http://wp.me/pzUn5-1l4

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :) I'm like that with both Uglies and Harry Potter!!! I love to know other people are reading great literature and journeying deep into the world of reading :) So happy-making

      Delete
  2. I really want to read the Uglies series! Here’s my TTT list: http://aliceinreaderland.wordpress.com/2012/12/17/top-books/

    Alice @ Alice in Readerland

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The series was recommended to me 4 or 5 years ago, and I never got around to reading it until this summer, and it was so, so, so worth it! Took the 2nd place spot on my all time favourite reads!

      Delete

Thanks for acknowledging my blog and love of literature!