Tuesday, December 04, 2012

Top Ten Tuesday (Dec. 4)

Over at my friend's blog (http://loveliterature713.blogspot.ca) I saw a meme she did called Top Ten Tuesday. It sounded pretty cool, so I decided to do it too! The Top Ten Tuesday meme originates from The Broke and The Bookish. Check it out and consider taking part too!

Pretty much, the meme is a weekly top-ten list category. I'll try my best to follow this weekly, so yeah! Keep checking back, and make sure to go to The Broke and The Bookish where this awesome idea is from!

December 4th
Top Ten Books I Wouldn't Mind Santa Bringing Me
  1. Quidditch Through the Ages - J.K. Rowling: I have the complete Harry Potter book set, plus Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them, as well as Tales of Beedle the Bard, and so I'd love to complete my obsession collection with this book!
  2. Cutters - Scott Westerfeld: The ironic part is that this book was released today, Tuesday, December 4th! I've read the whole Uglies series and LOOOOOVE it, and after reading Uglies: Shay's Story, the first book of the companion graphic novels, I can't wait for Cutters, the second graphic novel, to be in my hands!
  3. The Book of (Even More) Awesome - Neil Pasricha: These books are awesome! Randomly flipping to pages and getting a smile is just, well, AWESOME! I already have The Book of Awesome and I also have The Book of (Holiday) Awesome, so I would love to make it a full set!
  4. Uglies - Scott Westerfeld: Since I wasn't patient enough to wait for Pretties to come in from the library, I bought that one (the 2nd of the book series), and now I feel like something's missing just having one out of four! So how about all of them!!! :P
  5. Specials - Scott Westerfeld: ditto
  6. Extras - Scott Westerfeld: ditto
  7. A Mango-Shaped Space - Wendy Mass: I read this one recently, and it is a short yet meaningful read, and absolutely amazing, so I would love to have it on my shelf to reread whenever.
  8. The Hobbit - J.R.R. Tolkien: This is going to sound really stupid, but I feel distanced from the literary community simply because I haven't read this classic. I read it in September, but I feel like it is my duty to get it on my shelf. Wait a second... I just realized my brother has this one... Maybe I'll just claim it as my own :P
  9. A Christmas Carol - Charles Dickens: Gasp... I still haven't read this... BUT that will change this winter. Hopefully. I plan to get my hands on it and read it as my christmas book of the year. I've been to two versions of the play, have seen the muppets movie of it, and even acted out the equivalent of Ebenezer Scrooge in an adaptation of it at school.
  10. Stargirl - Jerry Spinelli: Read the description I put with A Mango-Shaped Space, and that is essentially why I want this one too. It is a timeless novel, and has such a deep message that really motivated and still motivates me. 
  11. Any book, 'cause it's the thought that counts :)

Happy Holidays!







2 comments:

  1. Glad you were inspired! Did you post your blog under the linky widget on The Broke and Bookish?

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for acknowledging my blog and love of literature!