Tuesday, December 11, 2012

Top Ten Tuesday (Dec. 11)

The Top Ten Tuesday meme originates from The Broke and The Bookish. Check it out and consider taking part too!

This meme is a weekly top-ten list category. I'll try my best to follow this weekly, so yeah! Keep checking back, and make sure to go to The Broke and The Bookish where this awesome idea is from!

December 11th
Top Ten New to Me Authors I Read in 2012
  1. J.R.R. Tolkien: Yes, I finally got around to reading The Hobbit! Such a masterpiece :). I can't wait to read The Lord of the Rings, though I am waiting until I have lots of time and patience.
  2. Scott Westerfeld: OMG OMG OMG The Uglies series is AWESOME, and so I obviously now think Westerfeld is awesome too! Although I don't plan on reading all his books, I do plan on reading Peeps and its sequel. GO TALLY YOUNGBLOOD!
  3. Suzanne Collins: Since I read the Hunger Games this year, Collins is obviously going to be on my list. The trilogy is so insanely ninjaa, and I especially love Katniss, because I can connect to her so, so, so much! I haven't decided if I'll read her other books. Maybe one day...
  4. Wendy Mass: A Mango-Shaped Space was a truly intriguing book, with such a deep, captivating message, and so Wendy Mass now has a well-earned spot on my top ten of the year list. I'll definitely read more of her books!
  5. Maria V. Snyder: Inside Out as well as Outside In  were great books that I discovered this year, and I now admire Snyder for her captivating style! She has a number of other books, and I do plan to read at least some of them.
  6. Jerry Spinelli: Spinelli's books are much different than what I typically read, as they are generally modern realistic. However, his storytelling made me looove Stargirl and its sequel, so I think I'll look into more of his books, though I do know that many are for younger readers, so hopefully I find some that interest me.
  7. Alyson Noel: Radiance is the only book I have read of hers, but I found it very intriguing, and I am excited to read the next 3 books of this series. The Evermore series also sounds cool, so I'll give that a go sometime too.
  8. Susan Beth Pfeffer: Life As We Knew It is a fantastic book, for me mainly because of all the questions that were formed. The trilogy explored a thought-provoking topic so deeply, and that made me love it! I haven't looked into any of her other works, but I will definitely consider doing so.

Yay for Top Ten Tuesday! Check back next week! Subscribe! Happy Birthday ;P


4 comments:

  1. New follower! JRR Tolkien is classic. I read the Lord of the Rings in 2004. Suzanne Collins is great too. Good choices!

    Check out my TTT.

    Sandy @ Somewhere Only We Know

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much for following! I love to know people are actually reading my blog! I still haven't done LOTR, but I will soon... though I've been saying that for a while. It was actually hard for me to put Collins on this list, as Hunger Games was great, but I've heard not so great things about some of her other books which my friend read.

      Delete
  2. Great list! The Hobbit is my favourite book of all time. I read it at least once every two years. I hope you enjoy Lord of the Rings as well. Check out my TTT.

    ReplyDelete
  3. If I get around to The Hobbit next week Tolkien will end up on my list too!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for acknowledging my blog and love of literature!