Wednesday, December 19, 2012

Bookish Tag


Time for a tag! This one is the "Bookish Tag" from Sonythebooklover on YouTube. I was tagged by Danika @ http://loveliterature713.blogspot.ca. So, here be thy tag and thy questions...  So let's get started with the questions.

1. What genre of books do you prefer?
Um... This is always a hard book, because most books are a mix of genres. However, I'm going to go with two. Fantasy, and adventure. I love the imagination that goes along with fantasy, and the ability to transfer my mind to another world. Adventure is awesome 'cause I love the journey that the reader is taken on.

2. What are some of your must-have books in your library?
HARRY POTTER!!! Most definitely. I have the whole series within my household, and that is a good thing, 'cause I'd die otherwise :P. We all know this is the ultimate, awesomest series in the world, so yeah!

3. What is the most expensive book on your shelf?
Um... I don't know.... I actually don't buy a lot of books, and most that I own are gifts or such, as I adore the library and love the experience of going to the library, and also the awesomeness of free books. Probably Harry Potter or The Casual Vacancy or some other hardcover. I'm not really sure...

4. What book do you covet the most?
I don't know... Way too many books. I like books. Wow these questions are harder than I thought. I want a library in my house. Yup. That's my answer, and if you don't like it, too bad.

5. How much do you spend on books?
Well, as I said in question 3, I generally use the library rather than buy books. Therefore, I don't really have an answer for this. If I really want a book, I will buy it, but usually I prefer the library. So yeah...

6. What do you think of the current trend in YA books right now?
Um... Mixed thoughts... Let's start with the one that is driving me crazy: love triangles. I am sick and tired of these! Honestly, too repetitive, and they always make me so stressed about the characters choices and all. Next... dystopia! Well, I love dystopia, as I love the new societies and the strong imagination that is present to create these settings and concepts. However! I think the trend has become too stuck on dystopia, and it would be nice to have some fresh new YA books that are fantasy or adventure or just not all dystopia.

7. What series do you wish you had more books of?
I would really like more of the Uglies series by Scott Westerfeld. The only one I have out of the four is Pretties, which in fact is my least favourite, though still awesomely awesome. Since this is one of my favourite series ever, I would really like to have all four. I got Pretties because I was going on vacation and it wasn't available at the library, and there was no way I was waiting until I came back.

8. What are your go-to books in your library?
Chicken soup. Chicken soup. Oh, and did I mention Chicken Soup? I LOVE the Chicken Soup for the Soul books, as I find them inspirational and so, so awesome. I have a couple of these that I own, and I almost always have at least one out from the public library.

9. What book is currently in your bag?
A Christmas Carol, which I am super excited to read! However, I'm still waiting a couple days, as I am going to pick up The Spirit of Christmas  and Cutters (graphic novel companion to the Uglies series) tonight, so I will read those first.

10. What is your most prized book in your collection?
HARRY POTTER HARRY POTTER HARRY POTTER! Harry Potter is awesome. That's all I'm going to say. Be thankful, because I could go on forever...

11. What are some of your non-fiction books on your shelf?
I actually have a lot of non-fiction on my shelves, as I have gotten them for gifts, etc., etc. My favourite are my craft and activity books, an my christmas books. Yeah. I don't know. I like books. And I like christmas and crafts. Smiley face.

12. Name your favourite authors (up to three).
J.K. Rowling -> (duh)
Shannon Hale -> her words are magic!
Scott Westerfeld -> love the Uglies series!

13. Favourite bookstore?
Indigo! Books + gadgets + journals + other + Starbucks = awesome. Need I say more???

Well, you read it all! Congrats. Now be an awesome person and follow, because I love to know you like my blog :). Hope you enjoyed and continue to enjoy :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for acknowledging my blog and love of literature!