Saturday, November 03, 2012

Tally vs. Trella - Litspiration Challenge

This is it! My official litspiration challenge! I uh... kind of went overboard and have done three challenges in one! I hope you enjoy :) !

I have recently read a series and then another book which have very similar protagonists. The first is Tally Youngblood, from Scott Westerfeld's Uglies series, which I read this summer. Second is Trella, from Inside Out by Maria V. Snyder, which I just finished reading last weekend. Tally and Trella not only have similar names, but actually have very similar roles in their dystopian societies. So, I decided to do a video on both of the characters, and then a final one comparing them! 


Tally is up first, with a personalized album encompassing her and her adventures.
video


Now for Trella! Below is a "Day in the life of..." video from her point of view!
video



And finally, after creating the two previous videos, I recorded my thoughts comparing the similarities and differences of these two characters.
video

Well, there you have it! Two awesome characters and a look into their lives, plus a comparison! I hope you enjoyed especially were able to gain knowledge in the first videos to help provide depth to the final one.

After learning about these characters, what do you think? Feel free to comment about what you like and dislike and what similarities and differences you can see!

7 comments:

  1. I really want to watch this! Does it have any spoilers???

    ReplyDelete
  2. Probably. I don't know. Well I guess it does, but nothing too bad. Just stuff you would be able to predict anyways.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Julia this is awesome. You definitely are litspired! The first video was great becuse you played the songs as you talked about them, but it was a little hard to hear you in parts. In the second one - I was hooked. Very fun! In number 3, I would've loved a list or some text to guide the comparison as you were talking about the characters - maybe have your main points fly in as you introduce them? Overall, LOVE!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yeah I definitely see what you are saying for the last one. It was meant mainly to be solely an audio recording, but I don't know how to upload just an audio file, so I put it as a video to hold the audio. If that makes any sense at all.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This was really in depth. I watched all 3 videos, and I think you put a lot of effort into them. I think your analysis at the end was very detailed.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I really appreciate that you took the time to watch them all! :)

      Delete
  6. Your videos are really in-depth and great comparisons

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for acknowledging my blog and love of literature!