Wednesday, September 05, 2012

Book in a Tweet

When I set out to do this challenge (another one for the library event), I didn't expect it to be nearly so difficult! In the length of a tweet (under 140 characters), I needed to summarize a book. Originally I thought it would be a breeze, but as I began typing phrases and watching the character count go up, up, and up, I knew it would be a challenge. After all, good books contain so many elements that summarizing in just a single sentence or phrase is nearly impossible! However, after many attempts, I was able to make a concise overview of the Uglies series by Scott Westerfeld (which, by the way, is a must read). Here is my finished product:

"Tally Youngblood must cure her city and the world of the secret oblivion that everyone receives along with their flawless body"

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for acknowledging my blog and love of literature!